четверг, 2 апреля 2015 г.

Reasons to Switch Your Websites and Online Stores from Python to PHP


This is another real-life story how I and my partner developer convinced my client to move her website from Python to PHP. If you are one of those that have a python-based website then you should probably read it too. It case you are a developer and have something to add, you are really welcome.


My client is a sweet and talented young lady who creates beautiful closing from fibers by Channel, D&G, Armani and other well-known throughout the world names. Initially, we discussed way to promote her services on the web, including SEO, PPC and even remarketing. However I realized that I cannot start doing SEO for this website because all main website’s parts are located on sub-domains, that would simply be wrong. The website also suffers from lots of bugs, so the question naturally arose: what shell we do now?

I advised migrating the website from Python to WordPress which, as you know, is written in PHP. Yesterday my partner had a talk to her over the phone and this is what he told her about the reasons to change the programming language.

1. Ability to create a good mobile version of the website. As we all know, the website is going mobile and the number of mobile surfers is constantly growing. No doubt, having a mobile version of the website is a must today.

2. Python developers are expensive. I am not sure about other countries, but here, in Ukraine, it is difficult to find a good Python developer. They are, of course, expensive because there are not many of them.

3. WordPress can handle it all. My client’s website is partially an online store, but, since they sell one-of-a-kind clothes, they don’t need advanced website store engine features or anything out-of-a-box. Such plugins as WooCommerce and WP E-Commerce can easily cope with the required tasks

4. Website’s maintenance. Again, WordPress developers are cheaper, so in a long-term switching to PHP would be really beneficial.

5. SEO is taken into consideration. I want to change the website’s structure to make it more SEO-friendly. My client is worried about the rankings they have now, she doesn’t want to lose them. This question doesn’t really about migration, but it is should be noted that the programming language does not really affect your rankings directly. What affects rankings is website’s architecture, content, back-links and other factors. Programming language here is only a tool to build a website.

Basically, I think the very first reason is sound enough to make a choice in a favor of PHP. The project is just at its very beginning and I am sure there will be interesting and informative stories to tell.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий